Editor, motion graphics artist and re-enactment director for this feature length documentary released 2012 by First Run Features. Currently available to stream on Netflix.
- Editor and senior motion graphics artist.
- Conceived live action scenes. Hired actors and crew. Managed budget for the shoot. Wrote shooting script. Directed scenes and oversaw production team.
- Managed a small team of editors, motion graphic artists and audio engineers. Created motion graphics and live action concepts to fill in the missing gaps where no footage existed.
- Researched original source material and wrote interview questions for expert interviewees. Secured various photo and video rights, wrote grants and organized online fundraising efforts.
Re-enactment Director / Editor / Motion Graphics
Producer: Alan Govenar
Website : http://firstrunfeatures.com/beathotel/
Reviews of The Beat Hotel
“Through the seamless editing of film editor Alan Hatchett, the film quickly transports us on our journey to 9 Rue Git Le Coeur, where for ten francs a night, Madame Rachou offers up squalor and sentiment in equal measure.”
– Sandra Bertrand, GALO Magazine
“Exquisite… [The Beat Hotel] might just be the best documentary on the beat generation.”
– Louis Proyect, The Unrepentant Marxist.com
“An epic poem to the late American geniuses of fiction we now call the beat generation.”
– Sawyer L. Lahr, Go Over the Rainbow
“Alan Ginsberg, Peter Orlovsky, Gregory Corso and William Burroughs’ extreme lifestyles and creativity are brilliantly chronicled… This wonderful documentary allows us to dwell within the Beat Hotel for just a little while. The visit is a real treat.”
– Jennifer Merin, About.com Documentaries